Published: October 23, 2020
This easy Oreo Dip recipe is one of the best cold dessert dips around, made with only 5 simple ingredients. It tastes like cookies and cream cheesecake filling. To die. Whip up a batch in just 5 minutes!
Oh, how I love dessert dips! And if you’re an Oreo lover like me, you’ll go crazy over this Oreo Dip. It’s sort of become a permanent fixture in my house ever since spotting it on Delish over a year ago. My kids beg for it…and so does anyone else I make it for!
This dip recipe literally comes together in minutes and tastes like cookies and cream bliss in a bowl. Make up a batch and see what I’m talking about!
Oreo Dip Ingredients
You only need 5 simple ingredients for this cold dessert dip! (Scroll down for the detailed printable recipe.)
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Whipped topping
- Oreo cookies
How To Make Oreo Dip
This dip could not be easier to make. You simply whip together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla with a handheld electric mixer. Then fold in the whipped topping and crushed Oreos until smooth. Either serve right away or chill in the refrigerator for an hour (recommended.)
- You want chunks of Oreo cookies, not fine crumbs – unlike making an Oreo pie crust where the cookies are pulverized into tiny crumbs, my preference for this dip is to crush the cookies into tiny pieces, but where there is still texture. You can do this by placing the Oreos in a resealable plastic bag and using a rolling pin, or placing them in a food processor and pulsing a few times.
- Make sure the cream cheese is room temperature – cold cream cheese from the fridge is hard to blend and incorporate with the other ingredients. Leave it on the counter for a few hours to reach room temperature before making the dip.
- Replace the whipped topping with whipped cream, if you prefer – the whipped topping can be replaced with 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and an additional cup of powdered sugar. Using an electric mixer, beat together the whipping cream, both cups of powdered sugar, and vanilla until soft peaks form. Then blend in the cream cheese and cookies.
- Add the Oreos right before serving – if you’re not serving this right away, I recommend waiting until right beforehand to mix in the cookies so they will have crunch to them. You can still crush the Oreos ahead of time and then just pour them in, mix and serve when it’s time. Of course, it’s delicious even if the Oreos are soft. Like dipping them in milk – awesome every which way.
What to Serve with Oreo Dip
So many dippers go great with this dessert dip. Here are some suggestions:
- Apple slices
- Nilla wafers
- Graham cracker
If you’re not serving this dip right away, it will need to be stored in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator. Before serving, allow dip to soften a bit at room temperature.
Chances are you won’t have any leftovers! But, in case you do, any leftover dip should be kept in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator and will last for up to 2 days.
Watch it Being Made
Other Oreo Recipes
Other Sweet Dips
This easy Oreo Dip recipe is one of the best cold dessert dips around, made with only 5 simple ingredients. It tastes like cookies and cream cheesecake filling. Whip up a batch in just 5 minutes!
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups Cool Whip
- 15 Double stuffed Oreos , crushed, divided
- Dippers of your choice , such as strawberries, pretzels, or more Oreos!
In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla together until smooth. Fold in Cool Whip and most of the crushed Oreos (reserving 2-3 tablespoons for garnish.)
Enjoy right away or chill until ready to serve.
Transfer to a serving bowl and top with reserved crushed Oreos.
Serve with strawberries, pretzels, or more Oreos!
For recipe variations, tips, and storage information, please refer to the full article.
Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 169mg | Potassium: 90mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 337IU | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutritional information given is an automatic calculation and can vary based on the exact products you use and any changes you make to the recipe. If these numbers are very important to you, I would recommend calculating them yourself.
Source Article : https://bellyfull.net