Looking for a great tasting, easy to make strawberry scones recipe? These strawberry scones are delicious. Nothing can compare to a homemade scone.
Those scones remind me of grandma, she often made them when we would come over to hang out at her place. Scones are pretty popular now a days. Starbucks sells blueberry scones, but in my opinion, you cannot compare them to homemade, warm out the oven…yummy
Tips for Making the Perfect Scones:
- Never use bread flour. Bread flour is too strong and will not give a light airy texture to the scones.
- The secret to perfectly soft scones is not to overwork the dough.
- Make sure all of the scones are the same size. This ensures even baking.
- Beaten or whisked eggs work best to coat the top of the scones. Some recipes call for milk, but I find eggs give the best shine.
Variations to Strawberry Scones
- If you wish to make a little healthier version, you can replace 1 cup of white flour with whole wheat flour. And replacing sour cream with plain yogurt.
- Blueberries can be swapped for the strawberries in this recipe.
Ingredients for Strawberry Scones
- All-purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Granulated Sugar
- Sour Cream
- Vanilla Extract
- Fresh Strawberries
How to Make Grandma’s Strawberry Scones
Begin by reading the printable recipe below and gathering your ingredients as needed. Create your dough as directed, then roll into a rectangular shape that will be topped with strawberries and folded. Slice into portions and place on your baking sheet prior to baking. Best served warm.
Other Pastries to Try:
These Strawberry Scones remind me of my Grandma’s baking. Super flaky, perfect warm from the oven and so oh delicious.
Prepare ingredients for the scones dough. Combine dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
Cut in softened butter. Gently fold in the sour cream and vanilla.
Unroll the dough unto a rectangular shape. Spread diced strawberries all over the the dough. Fold over the dough, rolling it into a log.
Place scones onto lined baking sheet. Brush tops with whisked egg and sprinkle with some sugar. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
Grandma’s Strawberry Scones
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 9g45%
Vitamin A 495IU10%
Vitamin C 7.4mg9%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Source Article : https://momsdish.com