Air Fryer Chicken Tenders are a savior when it comes to satiating a craving for takeout. Instead of going through the drive-thru, stay home and make your own tenders with half the fat and no guilt!
Air fryer chicken tenders are about to become your new weeknight staple. If you have kids or are a kid at heart, you are likely familiar with boneless, fried chicken. It’s always a crowd pleaser!
The beauty of the air fryer is that you can get that signature fried texture with a fraction of the fat! I love experimenting with the air fryer and making all my classic “fried” favorites with it.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Tenders?
Using the air fryer couldn’t be any easier. Follow these simple step-by-step directions to nail air fryer chicken tenders every single time:
- Dip chicken tenders into the whisked egg mixture.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the salt, pepper, and breadcrumbs.
- Place each tender in the seasoned breadcrumbs and turn to coat. Place each coated tender on a platter.
- Lightly spray the chicken tenders and the wire basket to prevent any sticking.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 °F.
- Once preheated, work in batches of 4 to 6 tenders at a time, making sure not to overlap or crowd the chicken. Turn chicken midway through the air frying.
How Long to Cook Chicken Tenders in Air Fryer
The time it will take to cook your chicken depends on the thickness of the cut. Generally speaking, you will cook each tender for 5 minutes. Then, use clean tongs to turn the tenders and repeat for 5 minutes more. Transfer tenders to a cooling rack and repeat.
Storing Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
Make a large batch of chicken tenders, freeze them and have them on hand for later! Freeze raw chicken tenders by separating the tenders by a layer of parchment paper within an airtight container. Reheating frozen tenders will take about 5 minutes per side at 400 ℉.
Refrigerating Chicken Tenders
In an airtight container, store the chicken tenders for up to a week. I like to make a batch and use them for sandwiches, salads and snacking. To reheat the chicken — you guessed it — bust out the air fryer again! Reheat cooked tenders for 1-2 minutes in the air fryer. Unlike the microwave, the air fryer will make the tenders crispy not soggy.
What Air Fryer Should I Use?
In the past couple of years, the world of air frying has exploded. I have to admit, I wasn’t completely sold on the idea of an air fryer in the beginning, but this appliance has truly grown on me. The Gourmia 5 Qt Air Fryer has worked wonders for me. I have been using this air fryer for over a year and I love the functionality. It has a ton of presets for common foods (chicken, fries, steak, bacon, shrimp, etc.), which helps take the guesswork out of how long to cook certain things. It’s also super easy to clean, so no complaints there.
Other Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Bacon (Perfectly Crispy) – Bacon cooks wonderfully in the air fryer! In fact, this is one of my favorite foods to air fry. The strips don’t get too greasy and they get so crispy!
- Korean Air Fryer Pork Ribs – The perfect combination of sweet and savory, these pork ribs are tender and fall right off the bone.
- Brussels Sprouts Recipe – Brussels sprouts should never be soggy or mushy. Making them in the air fryer ensures they get that perfect bite.
Air fryer chicken tenders are a savior when it comes to satiating a craving for takeout. Instead of going through the drive-thru, stay home and make your own tenders with half the fat and no guilt!
- 2 lb chicken tenders
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp ground black pepper
Whisk an egg in a small bowl. In a separate bowl, combine salt with pepper. Cut chicken into 2 inch pieces.
Dip chicken into the egg mixture.
Follow by covering all sides with seasoned bread crumbs.
Spray the air fryer basket with oil. Place the chicken on the inside, leaving some space in between each one.
Air fry at 390 °F for about 4 minutes and turn it over. Air fry for another 5 minutes or so, depending on the size of the chicken pieces.
Serve chicken tenders with your favorite sauce or simply ketchup. Enjoy!
Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g5%
Vitamin A 85IU2%
Vitamin C 2mg2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Source Article : https://momsdish.com